A Christmas present for my mother-in-law! I used Simplicity 3969. Made from chenille striped fabric from Joann’s. I added a little bit of ribbon trim on the pockets, and meant to add some around the sleeves and/or neckline, but I didn’t have time. I finished them Christmas Eve around 1 am 🙂
Other changes I made- I lined the sleeves for softness, and increased the width of the facing again for a little extra softness around her neck. The backside of chenille is not all that soft… I finished almost every edge with the exception of the side seams. Chenille has a tendency to shed so I tried to reduce that as much as I reasonable could. I should have probably used my imitation serger stitch on the side seams also. Too late now!
The sleeves ended up way too big, but mostly because of the weird shoulders. They came way down her arm (more than is normal). Otherwise, the fit was pretty good! I hope she gets some use out of it 🙂