I made this skirt as the start of my new wardrobe project! The next blouse I make should go well with this. I’m in love with this pattern- it’s so cute! It’s the Alexis pattern from BurdaStyle, which costs only $1.50! Great deal if I do say so myself 🙂
- No kangaroo pocket in front. I was afraid it would pop out as I’ve seen happen before.
- No tab on the waistband, but not because I don’t like it. I ran out of material 😦
- I altered the last pleat a bit. It is supposed to go all the way to the edge of the fabric, so that it would be caught in the seam. I couldn’t get it to look good, so instead pleated just to the edge of the seam allowance. Much better!
- Flipped pleats to the other side. I actually started out using the right side of the original skirt, and decided I liked the “wrong” side better, so I just flipped it over 🙂
- Shortened about 3″ (I actually shortened about 1.5″ for cutting, then ended up pulling the hem up another 1.5″)
- Fully lined 🙂 I feel so professional doing this! haha
I used a size 36, which is about 1/2″ smaller than I “should” according to the size chart. I estimate I let it out at the pleat about 1/2″, so everything evens out there. But, while it fits well around my hips, the top portion is a bit big on me. It could probably be taken in about 1/2″ – 1″. This is a common sizing issue I have with skirts. It is definitely wearable as is.
shoes- Payless 🙂