I cut out my Danielle today, and am so excited about it! I’m making it out of a skirt that I bought from a sample sale my company had. It was an old sample that I guess they don’t need anymore, so I got it for $2! Crazy! I thought there would be plenty of material to work with. Turns out, there was just barely enough for the outside of the dress, so I had to cut the facings out of something else. I had to play around with the skirt so I didn’t even end up using those pattern pieces at all (just in order to fit everything on this skirt).
The material is a gorgeous knitted wool from Eileen Fisher– so so pretty. A little bit stretchy too (I’m hoping stretchy enough that I don’t need a zipper- but this might be wishful thinking). 🙂
Leftover pieces (this was all that was left of that poor skirt!)
In other news, I posted a dress that I remade last summer. Check it out here.