We’re finally just about finished with the nursery! And just in time, baby Silas is due in 10 days :) I hope you like it!
Grace Avalon glider (it’s pretty ugly, I will probably recover someday), homemade crochet blanket, dwell studio shower curtain (still needs some blackout backing), scooter print from recent trip to Spain, pinwheel mobile gift from mom
Hello again to everyone! I know you thought this blog was dead, and I’m so sorry for my absence! So, here’s what’s been going on…
As I last mentioned, I was sewing my sister’s wedding dress and some bridesmaid dresses. Well, we finished (barely) and the wedding was absolutely gorgeous! I ended up making her dress and mine, and my mother made my other two sisters’ dresses. Here are a couple quick pictures, but I will have to post more in detail later about the sewing. Sorry I don’t happen to have great bridesmaid pictures at the moment…
Bridesmaids at the ceremony
Fronts of bridesmaid dresses (the one in the apron really wanted hers covered up due to a dart issue :))
The setting at their farmhouse
Shortly after the wedding we found out that our first baby is on his way (due in July)! As most anyone who has ever been pregnant knows, this comes along with a lot of preparation (I’m currently procrastinating…) and some crazy symptoms that kind of stop life for awhile :) So, for the past couple months I’ve been planning a nursery! It’s been oh so fun.
So, here are some of my ideas. My crazy design:
The fabric arrived yesterday! Clockwise from the top left: cute pillow fabric (couldn’t resist), three fabrics for changing pad covers, four fun prints to frame as artwork, and fabric for the crib skirt. The crib bumper will be made of that fun city print in the above picture (my whole room is designed around this!), and the sheet will be turquoise.
A shower present for my sister-in-law who became a mother in September :) This was quite a bit of work! I didn’t use a pattern, so it was a lot of guessing. It took awhile to figure out the type of interfacing I should use, and exactly how to attach the base with extra stiff interfacing, etc. What a project! In the end, I like it. I wish that I had made it a bit bigger, but it’s big enough I think. I have no babies, so I don’t really know :) it’s loaded with features though! Lots of slip pockets, a large zip pocket, and a key holder.
Oh what fun. Last weekend my sewing group had a booth at a garden club fair. We sold aprons. I use the term “sold” quite loosely. A few of us did pretty well, me not included :) I tried not to expect much, after all I only made 4 aprons! Here are some pics. The one that sold is the pink floral :) A little girl bought it, go figure!
My favorite :) I also added some faux pearls around the waistband.
A mother-daughter set I made, plus one my mom made.
The pretty floral one the little girl bought.
All of us.
And our booth
I have been so busy lately that I can’t find time to post on my blog :( Since I last posted, my sister got engaged! My mom and I are going to work together on the bridesmaids dresses and her wedding gown! I’m so excited for her, and very excited to make the dresses :)
So, although the colors will be very different, these are our inspiration pictures for the bridesmaids (only three of us):
In other news, I’ve been working on some aprons to sell at a fair with sewing group. They are so fun (and easy) to make! I’m only doing 4, but everyone else is making a bunch. I just don’t have the time. Pictures to come!
Next up: A diaper bag for my brand new (first) nephew! That should be extra fun to make. We’ve already been planning our fabric combination.
Plus: The BurdaStyle Project Runway Remake Challenge! I’m already planning what to make…
I kept telling my husband these would be sujper cute while I was working on them, so that is his name for them :) They still need a button, but here they are! I hope you like them! My pattern review is here
My current project (after a little too much procrastination) is a pair of ivory 100% linen pleated and cuffed short shorts using Simplicity 3849 (a juniors pattern for the more modern fit that I prefer). These are going to double as an entry for the wardrobe contest and for the Natural Fabrics Contest for the PR runway show at the American Sewing Expo.
I’m still hoping to finish the wardrobe, although it may be wishful thinking at this point! At least I have quite a few of the pieces cut out :) I’ve changed a few things around to make it simpler also. I’m substituting a pink bias linen skirt for the walking shorts, and changed the Cynthia Rowley top because it sadly didn’t quite fit in. The whole collection is going to be much more ivory and pink now than I originally planned. But it might just coordinate better this way!
I also am planning a couple other projects which might be after the wardrobe contest, but could just wipe it out altogether. First, I will be selling some aprons at a fair in mid-September with sewing group, and have to finish at least 4. Also, a friend of mine requested a pair of pajama pants from some cute fabric she found. And I’m making a diaper bag for my sister-in-law who is due in mid-September! In other words, let’s see how stressed I can possibly get after work :)